The Handbook for The Corporate Sustainability Scorecard is a companion guide for “registered users” of the rating system on TheSustainabilityScorecard.com. (A registered user has been provided a username and password.) The Handbook is a 99-page, spiral-bound book that users have found to be a terrific desk reference. It includes:
- “Elevator Message” Insights – A detailed Introduction outlining how to talk about sustainability with C-suite executives and board members.
- Structured Examples of “Tomorrow’s Leaders Today” – following the four parts of the Scorecard.
- Detailed Scorecard Templates – 17 separate templates (following the 17 elements of the Scorecard) with the rating criteria used on this website to create a company self-assessment.
- Hundreds of Corporate “Best-Practice” Case Examples – each representing a Stage 3 or Stage 4 practice, and organized according to the Scorecard rating criteria.
- An Easy-to-Use Format – making it easy to flip back and forth as you assess your company on the ~150 Key Sustainability Indicators. The reader can look at the detailed rating criteria on the left page – and see about 25-35 examples of a Stage 3 or Stage 4 practice for each section of the scorecard on the right page.
- Insights from the Boardroom – Insights from Gib Hedstrom’s participation in ~60 Fortune 500 board meetings discussing sustainability.