50 Board Meetings . . . One Question
In our experience, having participated in over fifty Fortune 500 Board of Directors meetings, there is always one question the independent sustainability advisor is asked: “How do we stack up?”
Corporate Sustainability Scorecard – Example Ratings
The Corporate Sustainability Scorecard was developed for CEOs and board members to answer that question – and to provide C-suite executives with a “framework” for taking action. This simple tool measures progress on your company’s sustainability journey and helps you to plan strategically. The Corporate Sustainability Scorecard™ C-suite rating system is a comprehensive assessment and planning tool. Executives use the Scorecard to answer three simple questions:
- How do we stack up today (on a one-to-four maturity scale) vis-à-vis sustainability – compared with:
- Competitors and other peer companies?
- Best practices today?
- Where we think leaders are heading?
- Where do we want to be tomorrow – given…
- The competitive landscape?
- Our own ambitions?
- The speed needed to win in the marketplace?
- How do we get from here to there?
Since 1999, over 50 major companies globally have used the Scorecard to hone their sustainability strategy and implementation. The Scorecard provides a logical, structured framework that speaks the language of the CEO and board. It helps shape strategic conversations and set priorities.
It is easy to use; allows several people to do inputs; enables the user to “stop and save” — and view interim results and ratings.